A cataract is an eye condition that develops vision problem. The condition occurs in the eye because of the clouding of the lens. The condition mostly occurs in the elderly people as a result of aging. It can affect one eye or both eyes but spread one eye to another eye. Clouded or blurred vision condition makes it difficult to perform daily activities such as reading, writing, driving etc. The growth rate of cataract is very slow and does not show any sign in the early stage but gradually, it started to affect vision. An earlier stage of cataract can be managed by increasing room light and by wearing eyeglasses but advanced stage needed surgery if impaired vision affects daily activities.
In cataract, the protein is accumulated in the lens of the eye and makes it blur. This condition blocks the light to pass clearly through the lens and develop a vision loss. The accumulation of the old cells in the center of the lens and formation of the new lens cells develops the cataract.
There are many types of cataract
- Age related cataract
- Congenital cataract
- Secondary cataract
- Traumatic cataract
- Symptoms of cataract
- Clouded or blurred vision
- Color may look less clear or faded
- Difficulty in seeing in night
- Increase sensitivity of eyes from light
- Error in eye refractive index
- Sometimes experience double vision
The treatment of cataract includes several prevention methods such as
- Low exposure to the sunlight through UV blocking lens
- Avoid smoking
- Increase the consumption of antioxidants and vitamins
- Increase of intake of vitamin E, vitamin C, zeaxanthin, lutein, and zinc
- Use of eyeglass lenses with anti-glare coating
- Surgery at advanced level
Certain factors can also increase the possibility of its occurrences such as steroid medication, smoking, ultraviolet radiation, diabetes, alcohol, and nutritional deficiency. Cataract surgery is very common and hardly takes 20-30 minutes.
Neera eye center and laser vision, New Delhi can treat early cataract without surgery. The clinic treatment process helps to relax whole visual systems such as the lens, muscles, ciliary, the optic nerve and retina. The clinic also provides guidelines after the treatment and all support to recover quickly.
Visit us: eye-care-hospital.com
Mail us: email@example.com