If your eyes are unsuitable for laser surgery, you can still enjoy clear vision without contact lens or glasses by Implantable Contact Lens Surgery (ICL Surgery).
An Implantable contact lens (ICL) are extremely biocompatible, made from Collamer designed to alter the structure of the eye. It is placed in between the iris and natural lens by a simple surgery and it works in the same way as external contact lens work.
An ICL procedure is virtually painless procedure that will not take more than 15 minutes. At first, the patient will be given a topical anesthesia to numb the eyes. Then the surgeon will insert ICL through a tiny slit in the cornea using an advanced no-stitch surgical techniques and rotated into the correct position. Finally, medications are given to constrict the pupil and antibiotics are given to prevent the infection.
An ICL is a vision correction solutions for adults between the age of 18 to 45. The procedure is usually premature for children and adolescents as their vision changes naturally during that period. Ideal candidates for ICL surgery are adults who:
Advantages of ICL Surgery
The advantages of an ICL vision correction surgery includes:
- Can correct short sightedness, long sightedness and astigmatism
- Suitable for those who are unsuitable for laser vision correction
- By changing the ray of light focused, it works in the similiar way as contact lens or glasses works.
- It is suitable for patient with dry eyes, large pupil and thin cornea
- The treatment doesnot involve removing of tissues from the cornea
- The treatment is suitable for higher levels of vision correction
- An ICL is invisible and undetectable
- An ICL vision correction surgery is a reversible process
- Have astigmatism up to 6.0 diopters